- Compaq Presario V2000Z Customizable NB
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2
- AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-34 (1.8GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
- 14.0 WXGA BrightView Widescreen
- ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M 128MB w/productivity ports
- 512MB DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)
- 40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
- 8X DVD Drive
- 54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster(TM)
- 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money
This laptop is great. I got the 12 cell battery for it, which improves the battery life of browsing and standard use to about 5 hours. WOW. my old laptop got about 1 hour, if that. The only downside to the battery is the fact that it sticks out on the bottom. The built in wireless is great. It has the broadcom chip, which isn't good for linux.With the productivity ports came a built-in 5-in-one media card reader and firewire.
Movies. The dvd-player is quiet, and the Altec Lansing speakers put out a nice sound. The widescreen makes watching movies a joy. They fit just nicely in the screen. Full screen movies on the other hand.....
Games. From what i have installed (warcraft 3, Quake 3, and counter strike source) it runs great. CSS has to be run in a low res, but is till very playable. Q3A and war3 play perfectly. An external mouse is a must, as it sucks trying to use the touchpad for games.
Linux. Ok, just by way of using some Live Cd's i have coime across a problem. it doesn't like my Atheros based cards. I tried a prism 2.5 card and it worked fine. i don't know if it a pcmcia problem, or a pc card problem. Other than that, everything seems to be working just fine. sound, network, cd-rom.
Cons. I wish i had a serial port.
Overall. I love it.